How many hotels are in Cancun?
For this question, there are several different answers and perhaps none is exact since new hotels are constantly being created and some may close due to various circumstances.
On the other hand, it should be noted that Cancun is the gateway to several cities and areas in the area, such as the Riviera Maya that houses cities such as Playa del Carmen and Tulum or areas such as Playa Mujeres or Costa Mujeres that are located on the Northside of the city.
How many hotels are there in Cancun?
According to the Ministry of Tourism, there are a total of 1,129 hotels in Cancun Quintana Roo, these are divided into the different municipalities that exist as follows:
- Hotels by Municipality in Quintana Roo
- Hotels in Cancun (Benito Juárez): 190 hotels.
- Hotels in Puerto Morelos: 62 hotels.
- Hotels in Isla Mujeres: 61 hotels.
- Hotels in Cozumel: 66 hotels.
- Hotels in Solidaridad (Playa del Carmen): 276 hotels.
- Hotels in Tulum: 152 hotels.
- Hotels in Lázaro Cárdenas: 91 hotels.
- Hotels in José María Morelos: 9 hotels.
- Hotels in Felipe Carrillo Puerto: 12.
- Hotels in Bacalar: 90
- Hotels in Othón P. Blanco: 121 hotels.
Before continuing with the article, we will also share how many hotel rooms there are per municipality since this is important to compare them instead of just hotels.
- Hotel Rooms by Municipality in Quintana Roo
- Hotel Rooms in Cancun (Benito Juárez): 37,335
- Hotel Rooms in Puerto Morelos: 5,575
- Hotel Rooms in Isla Mujeres: 5,964Hotel Rooms in Cozumel: 4,701
- Hotel Rooms in Solidaridad (Playa del Carmen): 40,062
- Hotel Rooms in Tulum: 8,138
- Hotel Rooms in Lázaro Cárdenas: 1,237
- Hotel Rooms in José María Morelos: 74
- Hotel Rooms in Felipe Carrillo Puerto: 186
- Hotel Rooms in Bacalar: 1,050
- Hotel Rooms in Othón P. Blanco: 2,806
With these numbers represented above, we can arrive at the first answer to the question of How many Hotels are there in Cancun? And this is that there are 190 hotels in Cancun. Something interesting is that we see that there are more hotels in Playa del Carmen than in Cancun, but they have practically the same number of hotel rooms as Cancun. We can visualize the following list of hotels in Cancun.
List of hotels in downtown Cancun
The following list represents only the name of some of the hotels in Cancun Quintana Roo, which are in the top 100 most popular hotels in downtown Cancun.
- Ibis Cancun Downtown
- One Cancun Downtown
- City Express Cancun
- City Express Junior Cancun
- Kabah Boutique Hotel
- Fiesta Inn Cancun Las Americas
- Hotel & Spa Xbalamque Cancun Centro
- Hotel Antillano Cancun
- Hotel Soberanis Cancun
- Grand City Hotel
- Hotel Colonial Cancun
- Hotel Posada Farallon Inn
- Hotel Bonampak Cancun
- Krystal Urban Cancun Downtown
- Oh! Cancun The Urban Oasis
- Hotel Ambiance Suites Cancun
- Suites Malecon Cancun
- Hotel Mexicasa Cancun
- Smart Cancun by Oasis
- Suites Cancun Center
The Hotels in Playa del Carmen are many, but with few rooms, mostly cheap hotels or boutique hotels in the center of the city, and some all-inclusive hotels in the surroundings of Playa del Carmen.
Another answer would be to include the hotels that are in Cancun, Isla Mujeres, and Puerto Morelos, since these last two municipalities or cities, the first is practically part of the city and the second very recently became a municipality and previously belonged to Benito Juárez (Cancun), So the answer to the question of How many Hotels are there in Cancun? It could be 313 hotels in Cancun, adding a total of 48,874 hotel rooms.
Now, from our point of view, since Cancun is the main entry point for all these cities or destinations and is the largest destination in the Mexican Caribbean known abroad, our answer to the question of How many Hotels are there in Cancun? It would be the total of the State, that is to say. 1,129 hotels in Cancun.
Of course, each of the destinations in Quintana Roo has its own concept, and we can safely say that they are all different.
The Hotels in Cancun in the hotel zone and the continental zone of Isla Mujeres, known as Costa Mujeres, have mostly luxury or high-end hotels, with the concept of All-Inclusive Hotels and Boutique Hotels.
List of hotels in Cancun Hotel Zone
The following list represents only the name of some of the hotels in the hotel zone of Cancun Quintana Roo, which are at the top of the 100 most popular hotels in the hotel zone
- Presidente Intercontinental Cancun Resort
- Fiesta Americana Cancun Villas
- Hotel Emporio Cancun
- Hard Rock Hotel Cancun
- Dreams Sands Cancun Resort & Spa
- Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa
- Hotel Riu Cancun
- The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa
- Canopy by Hilton Cancun La Isla
- Mayan Monkey Hostel & Bar
- Hotel Flamingo Cancun Resort
- Grand Park Royal Cancun
- Hotel Casa Maya
- Le Blanc Spa Resort
- Iberostar Selection Cancun
- Hotel NYX Cancun
- Ocean Dream Cancun By Guruhotel
- The Ritz-Carlton
- The Royal Islander
- Marriott Cancun resort
- Hotels in Cancun Hotel Zone
Downtown Cancun has affordable hotels perfect for the traveler who likes to explore.
Isla Mujeres is a beautiful island, with a charm that you will only understand when you visit it, it has beautiful views of both the open sea and the bay of Cancun. The Hotels in Isla Mujeres ranging from budget hotel, the boutique hotel, to All-Inclusive Hotels.
Puerto Morelos is a heavenly place with fine white sand beaches. In the center of this fishing village you will find the original hotels of the place, small boutique hotels with charm. The town has the best and most relaxing vibe. In the surroundings of Puerto Morelos, you will find All-Inclusive Hotels.
Playa del Carmen is a cosmopolitan city, with people from all over living in it, as well as people from all over visiting it. The Fifth Avenue of Playa del Carmen is perfect for walking and shopping, as well as for going to bars and restaurants. The Hotels of Playa del Carmen are mostly boutique hotels in the city center and in its surroundings you will find All-Inclusive Hotels.
Tulum is a magical place and currently in fashion all over the world. The vibe or concept of Tulum is laid back “chic”. Hotels in Tulum are mostly luxury boutique hotels with concepts more found with nature.
Bacalar is a paradisiacal destination with a lagoon that bears the same name, better known as the lagoon of the 7 colors (blue). Bacalar is a destination that you have to know, since it is different from a beach destination, getting very close to it. Hotels in Bacalar are mostly Boutique Hotels with very interesting concepts or cheap hotels.
The information on the number of hotels in Cancun and the other destinations in Quintana Roo was taken from an exercise by the Secretary of Tourism of the State of Quintana Roo and is from 2019, so the numbers may not be exact when you read this article. You can find this info here: SEDETUR.
Do you have questions or comments about How many hotels are there in Cancun? Let us know and be sure to visit Cancun!